OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Friday, July 7, 2017

NEXT STOP EVERYWHERE 089: "The Doctor Falls" is Up!


"Winning?  Is that what you think it’s about?  I’m not trying to win!  I’m not doing this because I want to beat someone, because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone!  It’s not because it’s fun.  God knows it’s not, because it’s easy!  It’s not even because it works, because it hardly ever does!  I do what I do because it’s right!  Because it’s decent!  And above all, it’s kind!  It’s just that…Just kind.  If I run away today, good people will die.  If I stand and fight, some of them might live.  Maybe not many, maybe not for long.  Hey, you know, maybe there’s no point to any of this at all.  But it’s the best I can do.  So I’m going to do it.  And I’m going to stand here doing it until it kills me.  And you’re going to die too, some day…And how will that be?  Have you thought about it?  What would you die for?  Who I am is where I stand.  Where I stand is where I fall."
-- The Twelfth Doctor to Missy and the Sixth Master, Doctor Who: "The Doctor Falls"

It was a battle to record, but my partner in time Jesse Jackson and I are back with a new episode of Next Stop Everywhere: The Doctor Who Podcast!  In this episode, Jesse and I review "The Doctor Falls", the twelfth and final episode of Series Ten, starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor, Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts, Matt Lucas as Nardole, Michelle Gomez as Missy, and John Simm as the Sixth Master!

This time, Jesse and I discuss things like the Master sabotaging our recording, David Bradley as the third actor to portray the First Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor not wanting to go, the Doctor trying to help Bill understand that she's a Cyberman, Jesse visiting the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, Jesse being proven right about Missy, the TARDIS trying to teach the Twelfth Doctor a lesson by bringing him back to his first regeneration, Missy and the Sixth Master taking each other out, Missy's empathic persona triggering her desire for redemption, why we haven't seen the last of the Master on Doctor Who, Bill actually getting a happy ending despite being converted into a Cyberman, why Series Ten is a like a novel with twelve chapters, Nardole surprising us all as a solid companion, the Twelfth Doctor's great speeches, new feedback from Holly from Wisconsin, Paul from Australia and David Archibald, Craig Ferguson's line that Doctor Who is "intellect and romance triumphing over brute force and cynicism", Jesse's anecdote from seeing "Asylum of the Daleks" at Dragon Con, our plans to discuss Doctor Who until the 2017 Christmas Special, and more!

If you'd like to check out our latest episode, you can find us on...

Google Play Music -- RIGHT HERE
iTunes -- RIGHT HERE
Stitcher -- RIGHT HERE
Direct MP3 downloads/Libsyn --  RIGHT HERE
Next Stop Everywhere's Facebook page
Next Stop Everywhere's Twitter account

And hey, if you'd like to pick up the officially official Next Stop Everywhere t-shirt, you can find it on TeePublic right HERE!  Help support the show and feel free to post pictures on our Facebook page of you or some other cool person you know wearing the shirt!

Be sure to come back in two weeks as Jesse and I review some classic Doctor Who!  Look for more of Next Stop Everywhere on iTunes, Google Play Music, YouTube, Libsyn, Soundcloud, Stitcher, and the official Southgate Media Group website!

No comments:

Post a Comment