OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Friday, March 11, 2016

AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg REALLY Wants to Meet IRON FIST


So, does this mean Coulson collects Iron Fist trading cards as well?

Comic Book Resources has word that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Clark Gregg really wants to meet the immortal Iron Fist.  So much so, he made Marvel's TV head promise that it's going to happen.

CBR spoke with Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb during a red carpet interview at the premiere of Daredevil season two in New York City, where Loeb revealed that Gregg put in a request when for the upcoming 13-episode Netflix series Iron Fist.

"Before I get done, I have to make sure that Clark Gregg and Iron Fist get together," said Loeb.  "I’m not saying Agent Coulson.  Clark Gregg has actually made me promise that he gets to meet Iron Fist.  He’s a gigantic Iron Fist fan."

The news follows on the recent casting of Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist, but as Loeb stated, there's no indication (yet) that Gregg would be playing his Marvel Cinematic Universe character Phil Coulson on the Netflix series.

In an interview back in 2014, Gregg stated his desire to meet the Marvel martial arts superhero, remarking "I’d be really disappointed if I don’t get to show up in New York for Daredevil or Iron Fist, which was a huge favorite of mine in comic books as a kid.  I’ve had more than my share so I shouldn’t be greedy but it would be a huge geekout moment for me if I got to meet Daniel Rand."

Loeb also spoke on linking the various Marvel Netflix series, saying "The thing that’s most important is that you don’t ever want it to feel like as you’re telling the story, [the viewer thinks] 'I don’t know what’s going on, I had to have seen something else in order to make sure of this.'  We try to tell each story so that they are standalone but, at the same token, look -- it’s a lot like comics.  Everybody’s comic is their first, so you want to be able to tell that story."

Iron Fist is expected to air on Netflix sometime in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment