OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Trailer Released


Well, we were promised a darker tone and it looks like we're getting it.

The first trailer to Bryan Singer's film X-Men: Days of Future Past, based on the classic Marvel Comics story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, was released today, giving us a taste of what's in store for everyone's favorite mutants feared and hated by a world they have sworn to protect.

The fifth X-Men film (seventh if you count the two Wolverine spinoffs) opens with Patrick Stewart, reprising his role as Professor Charles Xavier, asking "What's the last thing you remember?"  Ian McKellan's Magento replies, "I had a glimpse into the past."

We see glimpses of a bearded Iceman with Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat and Anna Paquin returning as Rogue.  "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you," continues Xavier.  "You need me as well...side by side to end this war, before it ever begins," remarks Magneto.

Fleeting images of four new mutants -- presumably X-Men -- are shown, including Omar Sy as Bishop, Adan Canto as Sunspot, Booboo Stewart as Warpath and Bingbing Fan as Blink.

However, instead of the older Kitty Pryde time-traveling into her younger self's body, the movie adaptation has Wolverine going back to the 1970s.  "So...I wake up in my younger body and then what?" asks Wolverine, sporting a touch of gray in his temples.  "Find me," replies Xavier, "convince me of all this."

"It's going to take the two of us," remarks Magneto.  "And where do I find you?" asks Wolverine.  Magneto replies, "With a different path, a darker path."

"Logan, I was a very different man," adds Xavier.  "Lead me.  Guide me.  Be patient with me."  "Patience isn't my strongest suit," counters Wolverine.

There are more fleeting images, including the younger Magneto (Michael Fassbender) aiming a gun at someone, a close-up of Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique with a tear running down her face, the younger Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) blowing dust off the Cerebro helmet, a group of guys foolishly empyting their guns into younger Wolverine, Cerebro shattering all around the younger Xavier, President Richard Nixon, chaos at some Chinese demonstration involving the younger Magneto and Mystique, Beast (Nicholas Hoult) roaring at the camera, and a great look at Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask, creator of the Sentinels.

"I don't want your suffering!" cries the younger Xavier.  "I don't want your future!"  And then interestingly, a shot of the two Xaviers facing one another.  "Please," begs the older Xavier to his younger self.  "We need you to hope again."

X-Men: Days of Future Past is slated to arrive in theaters on May 23, 2014.  If you'd like to view the trailer, you can check it out below thanks to YouTube user X-Men Movies...


No comments:

Post a Comment