OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Monday, March 14, 2011

Make Way, I'm Starting a GENERATOR REX Revolution!


Yes, the unthinkable has finally happened. 

Against all perceived notions of sanity and accepted universal reality, I'm actually writing comic books...for DC Comics, no less.  Don't believe me?  Well, I wouldn't either, so here as proof that such absolute madness now exists, I give you DC's June 2011 solicitations.  You may want to scroll down a bit until you see the words Cartoon Network Action Pack #61...

Okay, okay...Shhhh, calm down.  I know, I thought it was a terrible misprint as well, but there it is and now we're just going to have to come to terms with what's coming in June.  And hey, it's not like I'm writing something for Superman or The Flash, so at least you can have that small consolation as you spend the next few months heavily medicating yourself in preparation for what's to come.

So who should you blame for all this?  None other than Michael McCalister, my editor and longtime friend, whom I met through the Amateur Press Association TitanTalk way back in the Stone Age of the early 1990s.  This strange, strange group of fans of DC Comics' Teen Titans characters has managed to produce a number of comics professionals over the years and most importantly, my marriage to my beautiful wife Lori along with a number of lasting memories and friendships I still cherish to this day.  After taking over the editorial reins of DC's Cartoon Network Action Pack ongoing seriesMichael was kind enough to offer me the opportunity to pitch a few Generator Rex story ideas, which were thankfully approved by Cartoon Network and allowed to go to full script.  At last, my twenty-year masterplan of breaking into comics is now complete!

Cartoon Network Action Pack #61
I'm guessing many of you are probably unfamiliar with Cartoon Network's Generator Rex series, so you can find more information about the series and the characters here or even here.  After my first story in CNAP #61, I have a few more scheduled throughout the upcoming year but I'll discuss them more in detail as each one is officially announced.  I will say, though, that writing these stories has been a lot of fun and I've already seen some great advance artwork by Mike Bowden for issue #61.  If you're already a fan of the animated series, you might be glad to know I tried to capture the tone and feel of the show instead of just writing a version of it for young readers.  If you don't already read Cartoon Network Action Pack, I really hope you'll give issue #61 a try and let me know what you think.  Oh, and retailers, I think each of you should order at least a thousand copies or so...y'know, just to be on the safe side.

And so, it begins...

4 comments:

  1. congratulations my friend..I'll be expecting an autographed issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it!

    When I'm settled down into whatever new apartment I move into in the near future, I need to get the book with your STAR TREK story too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Hope you enjoy this first Generator Rex story. Liam, you should particularly enjoy the next one around October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds ominous. Or wibbly-wobbly. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete