OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Saturday, March 5, 2011

100 DAMN Good Posts...So What Have We Learned So Far?


When I started my blog relaunch of DAMN Good Coffee...and HOT! back on September 17, 2010, I had very little idea of where I wanted to take it.  As it happens, I still have very little idea but thanks to Blogger's handy Stats functionality, at least I get some impression of what you lovely and obviously very wise people who stop by are actually interested in reading.  So now, after my one-hundredth post of absolute nonsense, I thought I might share some of my observations for the two of you who might be interested in such uselessness...
  • The Really Good News:  DAMN Good Coffee is Trending Upward -- As you can see by the screenshot above, the pageview line keeps going up just about every month, reaching an all-time high of 2,283 views in February 2011.  So either I'm posting things that people are more interested in or I'm getting more traffic or some combination of both.  I'm guessing the latter, because the stats for my Top Ten most-viewed posts seem to have a post or two from roughly every month since I've started.  Either way, my many thanks for showing The Little Blog That Could some love.
  • Fringe + Twin Peaks = Pageview Gold -- Of those Top Ten posts, two of them are posts about the current TV show Fringe referencing the 1990-91 TV show Twin Peaks and both are in the Top Five with 410 and 193 pageviews respectively.  Of course, with Fringe's ratings being signficantly lower since FOX moved the series to its current Friday Night Death Slot, I worry about losing one of my favorite shows as well as what it's going to do to my pageviews if the series isn't around to reference Twin Peaks once in a while.
  • At Least My Doctor Who Rambling is Worthwhile -- Only three posts about Doctor Who have cracked the Top Ten, but "Doctor Who: Memories of Time and Space" is sitting right at the top with 410 and the other two have at least 150 pageviews.  A solid piece about Doctor Who is good for roughly 50 pageviews, double that if it involves something that happened on The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson.
  • Marvel Comics Pwns DC Comics -- I wish this stat was a little more evenly balanced between the two comics companies, but the simple fact here is that posts about Marvel Comics properties get more pageviews than ones about DC Comics properties.  Five posts about comics appear in my Top Ten and four of them involve Marvel characters.  The highest post, "ESPN and Marvel Twist the Knife in Cleveland's Back," currently clocks in at 354 pageviews and crushed the others on the Top Ten for months before finally being overtaken.
  • DAMN Good Coffee Has a Decent Following in Australia and Europe -- Oh, the United States rules the pageviews with 5,878 (U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!), followed by the United Kingdom (992) and Canada (334), but Australia (189) is up there while Germany (154), Italy (132), Spain (118) and France (118) make a surprising showing as well.  Some of that probably has a lot to do with my posts about Doctor Who, which has such a global following, but it does give you an idea of how small the planet has become since the Internets were invented.  But Brazil (65) and Denmark (49)...I really think you both can step your respective games up, don't you?
  • Want More Pageviews? Try Linking to Bleeding Cool and The Beat -- I post fairly regularly on higher-profile websites such as Rich Johnston's Bleeding Cool or Heidi McDonald's The Beat, depending on the article content, and doing so has resulted in an unexpected bonus of getting pageviews from both of those sites.  Posts such as "Somebody Finally Tells Alan Moore to STFU" (179) probably wouldn't have received as many views without people visiting those sites clicking on my links to DAMN Good Coffee, so my thanks to Rich and Heidi for allowing the linkage.  I figure the least I can do is send some of you back in their direction.
  • Some People Have Very Interesting Ways of Searching for Information -- The Search Keywords I see sometimes really make me wonder just what's really going in your brains at a particular moment.  Some of my personal favorites have been "Michelle Forbes Nude," "Hot Sex Teen Titans," "Doctor Sex" and "Alex Kingston Rampant Rabbit."  At least I'm not the only degenerate out there.
So that's all for now, I suppose.  Maybe I'll post an update after 500 posts, providing I haven't chased everyone off with my meaningless meanderings.  Until then, though, cheers for the blog love and here's hoping we can keep that trending line going higher and higher...

No comments:

Post a Comment